AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How were we able to do anything before cumputers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Orfarmer
Posted 7/9/2015 14:43 (#4670239 - in reply to #4670025)
Subject: RE: How were we able to do anything before cumputers

Roanoke, IN
Call me a whimp if you want. I don't want to go without air conditioning when it's 95. I would not want to sit outside and eat dust all day. I couldn't run all night planting without autosteer. I couldn't do as good of a job cultivating without perfectly straight rows. All these things are tools to make me more productive and ultimately more profitable.

That being said, my tractors and planter are older than me. (I came off the line in '88.) They are well maintained and I feel they do as good of a job as newer stuff. The only thing I desire would be faster road speed on the newer tractors. I have bought a couple new tillage tools because they are unique in the job they do and nothing older will work. There is no way i could run a combine from the 50's to 80's in some of my harvesting conditions and have the same quality and productivity.

You have to be careful about wants vs needs when it comes to technology and equipment. It's easy to overspend on some things that amount to toys, but it's important to use tools that allow you to get the job done with quality while increasing productivity and profit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)