AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can this marestail be killed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

matt beachy
Posted 7/8/2015 21:51 (#4669052 - in reply to #4668888)
Subject: RE: Can this marestail be killed?

Delaware
nekfarmer - 7/8/2015 21:51

matt beachy - 7/8/2015 20:46

I agree, lots of things that would be done different if it was mine. Starting with not letting it get to this point in the first place. But doing custom work it is what it is. What I have to work with, he doesn't want to disc it, it's only 10 acres, 20 miles from my house, he's going to plant beans soon, and I can't run that far for just that one piece to come back and hit it again.

Does he understand what the chances of getting a good kill are? Is he going to be ok with whatever happens?

Yeah, he's ok with it. He can still disc as a last resort. I was actually spraying 12-18" soybeans with roundup that have patches of marestail every bit as thick as that and 2' tall for the same farmer. I hate to even have my name attached to those kind of train wrecks, but the best thing I know to do is just be totally honest about what kind of control they can expect, and offer to take care of it next year before it becomes impossible. He didn't want to even spend the money for firstrate in the beans. Still too many guys here that haven't discovered that RR isn't a silver bullet anymore. And hardly any LL planted either. I'm just glad if it doesn't get overused to the point of resistance problems that RR has, so I still have it as an option.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)