AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bent push rods and stuck exhaust valve on John Deere 757 ztrak with 25 hp Kawasaki FH721D-AS04-R
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

steve c-il
Posted 7/8/2015 09:25 (#4667617 - in reply to #4667103)
Subject: RE: Bent push rods and stuck exhaust valve on John Deere 757 ztrak with 25 hp Kawasaki FH721D-AS04-R

Central Illinois
Seems to me that it is very easy to blame the engine manufacturers for equipment design problems. John Deere has a long history of building quiet (for the operator) lawn equipment. They have also had major engine problems with Kohler, Onan, and now Kawasaki motors. I wonder why?
Our 757 has had the deflector update to help prevent the cut grass from building up in front of the rotating screen on the flywheel. Even though the manual informs how important it is to keep screen and the cooling fins clear and clean who bothers till they have problems? The new shroud does not prevent the blocking of the fins, it only makes it easier to to clean them. I thought it was a good upgrade and installed it my self. Should Kawasaki really have to eat the cost of a convenience item?
We have only put 350 hours on our 757 with no problems and expect it to last many more. Steve
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)