AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fungicide on corn. Insecticide too?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Case IH farmer
Posted 7/7/2015 23:30 (#4667192 - in reply to #4667137)
Subject: RE: Fungicide on corn. Insecticide too?

IL
dmswil - 7/7/2015 19:53

I'll chime in here for you Caseih. I have seen good response on fungicides also. In all of my trials depending on the year I have seen anywhere from zero to 27 bpa. Really depends on the hybrid. Over the years of using it I would say the norm is close to 10 bushels for me plus it helps with stand ability in the fall. There are many that don't care for fungicide, not sure why. Biggest question this year is if the corn crop is good enough to spend the money on. We have some corn that looks very good and some looks awful. Trying to decide if we will have enough N to finish out and be above an insurance claim across the farm.

I agree, I am not sure why people want to believe it doesn't work. I see the same thing here locally just like on NAT, there are several of us who use it almost every year and have sprayed fields cross ways and the results are consistent. Then there are others who are just completely against it and the majority of them have never used it.

Even when the yield bump is on the lower end you still get better stand ability.

And we are in the same boat. Some corn is good, some is bad. Going to spray the good fields and not the ones with holes in them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)