AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CAMS cargill ag marketing service
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tiger6620
Posted 7/3/2015 09:55 (#4659353)
Subject: CAMS cargill ag marketing service

Nw Iowa
Does anyone use their service? Are you satisfied? Are they worth the high price tag? A rep met with me yesterday trying to sell me their service. The cost is $6.75 per acre with a minimum of 1000 acres. I farm 1650 acres so my cost would be roughly $11,000. It figures up to 3 cents per bushel on a 200 bushel corn average and 12 cents per bushel on a 55 bushel soy average for my 2016 acres. So the golden question is will they increase my sales averages at least 3 cents in corn and 12 cents in soy??.. It's an impossible question because a person has no idea how he would market his crops on his own compared to how they will do...... The price tag seems really high when you put it in total dollars but not so bad when you convert it to cost per bushel. What I liked was the amount of information that's included in daily emails along with keeping track of fund activity. The reason I'm considering them is that I tend to get OVER aggressive marketing my crops. I refuse to lose money in this business so I tend to pull the trigger on sales when I know I'm above COP at average yields. I'm thinking they (or another service) could take the emotion out of it for me and keep me grounded. For example I've been sold 80% on my corn and soys since last fall on my 15 production. The levels we are at today is exactly what I've had on the books for 7 months. Now I feel like there could be more in these markets so I should have stayed more patient. Any thoughts or criticism on CAMS would be appreciated.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)