AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Importance of Ballasting and Tire Pressure on Magnum AccuGuide
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

AFS kyle
Posted 7/1/2015 12:23 (#4656056)
Subject: The Importance of Ballasting and Tire Pressure on Magnum AccuGuide

East Central Illinois / West Central Indiana
With the number of threads going on discussing Magnums that weave I want to post about a fix I have had a lot of luck with.

I am a firm believer that Case has something screwed up in their software and refuses to admit it publicly but I have found that adjusting ballasting and tire pressure to the recommended settings from the owners manual or by following the online calculator guidelines I have been able to cure 7 cases of "Magnum Weave" this spring. These tractors included Tier 3 Magnums, Tier 4 Magnums, and CVT tractors.

I also strongly encourage having the low pressure stand-by and the regulated transmission pressure checked and adjusted if necessary.

Moral of the story is this ... make sure the iron is set up correctly before spending hours chasing Magnum Weave by adjusting settings in the display or AP Toolbox. This spring I have made several customers and several service departments believers in making sure their tire pressures are correct for the ballast on the tractor ... it really is that important on the newer iron.

YMMV

ETA:
Here is the link to the online Case IH ballasting and tire inflation calculator for tier 4 Magnums and Steigers:
http://www.caseih.com/northamerica/en-us/service/resources/weightin...

Edited by AFS kyle 7/6/2015 08:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)