AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Custom raising bottle calves
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 7/1/2015 07:18 (#4655594 - in reply to #4655531)
Subject: RE: Custom raising bottle calves

n.c.iowa

i'g agree that would seem to be relatively reasonable.     I would be sure though to go check out his operation before coming to any agreements, to make sure you aren't the guinea pig for somebodies experiment.    

was to a young fellows place this spring dealing on some 700# .   he also had a couple of amish guys raising two different batches of bottle calves for him, one guy was using calf hutches, the other a large building.     just so happened that the calves from the large building showed up the day I as there, as they were unloading the calves, I got thinking" boy these calves really look like crap", but didn't say anything out loud.  after the trucker left, and as we were getting ready to leave, the young fellow asked what I thought of the calves he just received, I thought for abit, then responded" just because they are amish doesn't mean that they have inherited some special powers to raise livestock, I think I would go have a serious talk with your calve raiser about some things".    

that guy wasn't charging much to raise those calves. but the way it looked to me, it was still a pretty expensive experience for the owner of those calves.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)