AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Puzzling soybean damage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DAN SEWI
Posted 6/24/2015 19:10 (#4644099)
Subject: Puzzling soybean damage

I have one field of no till soybeans into cornstalks that has some thin spots that do not make a lot of sense. It seems to be a repeating pattern every 40 feet. There looks to be heavy insect damage in these areas. Some plants completely missing, some with a few skeletal leaves left. In between these areas the stand is much better, acceptable but not perfect. The beans were drilled at an angle to the old corn rows and go from good to bad to good in the same pass, so I do nit think it is related to the drill. The damaged follow the old corn rows. We have other beans in the immediate vicinity (same variety, same day) that show no signs of this, so I do not think it was seed related.

There is only one thing I can attribute this too. Last year this field was planted in two vatieties, one on each half of the planter so there were 40 ft strips of each variety across the field. At harvest time, one variety was a couple points moisture wetter than the other so I picked only that variety and came back three weeks later to finish. The later picked corn seems to have the greater damage. I do not understand this.

Any thoughts?

Sorry for the long post.

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (161KB - 236 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (200KB - 227 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (172KB - 230 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)