AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Late season N
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

winner2011
Posted 6/24/2015 09:25 (#4643404)
Subject: Late season N

Northwest Illinois
I entered some acres in du ponts encirca program. I've always applied some late season n with fertigation, but this year I'm wanting to use a plane and urea on some acres as well as the fertigation. My supplier always pushes the Cadillac products and is pushing esn. I will most likely not use any because of cost and I think it's too late. The slow release would be awesome but, I don't think it would all be available in time. Most corn was planted April 17-28 and is v 12-13. According to the nitrogen model, I have around 400 acres that will not reach vt having enough n. The lowest field is around 90 units right now. It's a 8-10 cec field with 100 lbs ams in fall, 80 units of nh3 preplant with n serve, and 50 units with planter (32-ATS). This field is non irrigated. I was thinking 100 lbs of urea would be adequate. How many agree that esn is too late? I'm not questioning the app as I'm going to do it. I'm mostly questioning the product. As wet as the soils are will the urea act any differently with or without agrotain. The forecast calls for rain almost daily so the agrotain seems pointless as well. Thoughts?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)