AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

590 JD windrower unfolding procedures??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Duane in ND
Posted 8/12/2006 07:47 (#34908 - in reply to #34754)
Subject: RE: 590 JD windrower unfolding procedures??

North central North Dakota

Here are a couple of things that I do.  Of course I try to have as level as area as possible first.  After unlatching the hitch and left wheel levers, I drive slowly backwards to watch which way the tire swivels around.  If it swivels to the latch catchs at a 90 degree swivel, I am in luch the first time.  I just then let the tire catch, and slowly procee backwards until the wheel catchs, then I keep on backing up until the hitch snaps in place.  I then drop header and drive forward slowyl until right wheel changes direction.

If the left tire does not do a 90 and snap in place and wants to go the other way around, I let it go around,  I then drive forward until it snaps in place while rotating the other direction,  I then do the rest like mentioned above.

Putting from field position to road position I alwasy back up a few inches after raiing the platform all the way to get the pressure off of the hitch latch.  Of course level land is always best.  I am alwasy prepared to turn the tractor left to help the unit is wanting to snap in place on the hitch.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)