AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Download overages
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

brad
Posted 6/15/2015 20:39 (#4628687)
Subject: Download overages

Central Kansas
I recently switched our internet carrier to Verizon. We had been using Hughes Net for years but it was really getting slow. My problem is I have 10 GB plan and in the first week used up all my allotment. We had a 5 GB plan with Hughes Net and seldom had an overage. I upgraded to a 20 GB plan and within a week that is gone. Our usage has not changed. If anything it is less because I have been in the field. We have a desktop, two laptops and a Smart phone. Usually I always leave the desktop on. One laptop is my wife's and she uses it off and on during the day, mostly surfing. We don't watch movies or have large downloads. My laptop is seldom on. There are several large data usages about two days apart using the same amount of data about 1.2 GB. The last two occurred around 2 am when we were both sleeping. I purposely have been shutting down my desktop after the first overage. I have switched WIFI off for my phone and the other laptops are off. Any clues to where the data is going. We live in the country and nearest neighbor is 1/2 mile away. The modem is in the basement and when I checked WIFI on phone it was only good for a couple hundred feet away from house. Verizon is no help. Any suggestions?

Edited by brad 6/15/2015 20:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)