AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any Auctiontime.com users?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 6/8/2015 14:56 (#4615550 - in reply to #4612906)
Subject: RE: Any Auctiontime.com users?

NW KS/ SC ID
we have bought many things on auctiontime, and as long as a guy follows some simple guidelines, ( bid it up to the salvage value until you lay eyes on it, or have someone you trust look it over) you will be fine.

Like all the other auction sites, the place to get screwed is between the rep and the seller, not the company. The company tries their hardest to be fair. A dishonest rep or dishonest seller can really make everyone look bad.

I know we have also gotten along great with Bigiron, but there is one rep that once we see his name, we drastically cut our bids down.
This certain rep must either:
a) really hate excess iron, or
b) has a good friend that is a scrapper and he is helping him out.

Either way, we no longer have a 7x7 30 foot folding toolbar. granted we had bought it in the heat of harvest and forgot about it until this winter, but we called, the guy was cool and said it was still here, and we asked if we could get it this spring. No problem. Call up this spring to go get it, and it had been scrapped. The farmer asked the big-iron rep what to do, and he said "its been too long, just get rid of it" The rep "claimed" he told the front office to contact us to tell us to come get it, but for some reason that never happened.
If we had received a phone call from anyone saying "come get your f#@&ing toolbar, its in my way, and I am sick of looking at it" we would be up there the next morning if we had to, but we would have really appreciated a phone call before it got chopped up.

Oh well, the fun of online auctions i guess.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)