AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any Auctiontime.com users?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

720Deere
Posted 6/7/2015 08:03 (#4612906)
Subject: Any Auctiontime.com users?

Peotone, IL 60468
I haven't registered yet, but wanted to hear the good and bad from guys who have used it.
Thanks.

*edited to correct spelling.

Edited by 720Deere 6/7/2015 08:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mcfarm
Posted 6/7/2015 08:06 (#4612911 - in reply to #4612906)
Subject: RE: Any Auctiontime.com users?

central Indiana
used it a few times here and no problems. the last few hours/minutes is all you have to watch and just know what you want to bid and where you want to stop....sometimes its kind of fun to figure out what the minimum bid was at the start
tj_farms
Posted 6/7/2015 08:08 (#4612918 - in reply to #4612906)

Ohio
I have, but usually I find that I'm bidding against the owner until they get what $$$ they want. There is no reserve listed.
12pointdeere
Posted 6/7/2015 08:08 (#4612919 - in reply to #4612906)

West Central MN
Bad, If you have a problem of any sort you are on your own, they get paid up front and thats where they feel their service ends.
It seems to be sold as an absoulute type auction but it appears that owners are encouraged to either bid on their own stuff or have someone bid for them.
Good, Sometimes things seem to sell cheap.
jcwag
Posted 6/7/2015 08:24 (#4612949 - in reply to #4612906)

Upstate Ny
i haven't bought anything, just kinda watching for now... its an auction, once you buy it all its problems are with yours... some sellers seem more straight forward than others. and a lot of high houred tractors....
Curt Keiser
Posted 6/7/2015 08:39 (#4612986 - in reply to #4612906)

Beresford SD
No problems. It is an auction and you need to do your checking as much as possible before you buy. The items I have bought have been in dealer used inventory for more than a year and they are more motivated to sell then.
Big Square
Posted 6/7/2015 09:30 (#4613077 - in reply to #4612918)

Eastern Half of Kansas
+1 just need to make up your mind how far to go and let it go.
CaseIH7240
Posted 6/7/2015 09:40 (#4613099 - in reply to #4612906)

Ohio
We bought a planter on there a year ago and everything turned out great. I would definitely buy again but just like any auctions you need to go check it out yourself or expect to spend some money on it when you get it home. They are usually selling it there for a reason.
whistle pig
Posted 6/7/2015 09:52 (#4613117 - in reply to #4613099)

SE MN
Bought a corn planter a few years ago just off the pictures and description, worked out fine.

This spring I bought a tractor with 200 hrs on it, saved around $40,000 from local dealer price. Again, worked out fine.

Very happy with auctionTime overall.
Old#7
Posted 6/7/2015 11:55 (#4613308 - in reply to #4612906)

N.C. IA
Have used it with no complaints. But having said that, auctions take time just like buying from a dealer. Take the time to go look at the piece or have someone you trust go look at it. Also, don't stick in a proxy bid unless it's a lowball bid. No sense having whoever run your bid up while your doing something else, what I'm saying is be in front of your screen when the auction is ending. People on here get all bent when the piece doesn't sell and is still on the dealer's lot, but keep your powder dry, because the manufacturer usually made more than one of them. If you don't have the time to do the above, going the dealer route is the way for you to go. I enjoy traveling down different back roads looking at farm places and getting ideas about out buildings and bins, so it works well for me. And as far as warranty, I usually can't get a warranty on machines in my price range from a dealer, so its a horse a piece for me.
hinfarm
Posted 6/7/2015 11:58 (#4613313 - in reply to #4612906)

Amherst WI
I bought a chopper on it, saved big bucks.

Transaction went fine.
earp
Posted 6/7/2015 15:22 (#4613606 - in reply to #4613308)

Manila, Ar
Old#7 - 6/7/2015 11:55

Have used it with no complaints. But having said that, auctions take time just like buying from a dealer. Take the time to go look at the piece or have someone you trust go look at it. Also, don't stick in a proxy bid unless it's a lowball bid. No sense having whoever run your bid up while your doing something else, what I'm saying is be in front of your screen when the auction is ending. People on here get all bent when the piece doesn't sell and is still on the dealer's lot, but keep your powder dry, because the manufacturer usually made more than one of them. If you don't have the time to do the above, going the dealer route is the way for you to go. I enjoy traveling down different back roads looking at farm places and getting ideas about out buildings and bins, so it works well for me. And as far as warranty, I usually can't get a warranty on machines in my price range from a dealer, so its a horse a piece for me.

+1
Orin
Posted 6/7/2015 15:50 (#4613643 - in reply to #4612906)

Nusbaum Farms LLC Bellfountain, OR
I bought a tractor on there this winter. It's in comparable condition to ones in my local area, but I saved somewhere around $40,000. Unit was just as advertised, no issues with payments or hauling. Probably helps that seller was a JD dealer rather than a fly-by-nighter.

-Orin
Angus8335
Posted 6/7/2015 16:24 (#4613698 - in reply to #4612906)

Galena IL
I have bought several items on their two of them over a &100,000 that turned out as described. I always call,sometimes go look first. When you do win the bid you pay the owner so I always pay when I pick it up. Count me in as a happy buyer
GM Guy
Posted 6/8/2015 14:56 (#4615550 - in reply to #4612906)

NW KS/ SC ID
we have bought many things on auctiontime, and as long as a guy follows some simple guidelines, ( bid it up to the salvage value until you lay eyes on it, or have someone you trust look it over) you will be fine.

Like all the other auction sites, the place to get screwed is between the rep and the seller, not the company. The company tries their hardest to be fair. A dishonest rep or dishonest seller can really make everyone look bad.

I know we have also gotten along great with Bigiron, but there is one rep that once we see his name, we drastically cut our bids down.
This certain rep must either:
a) really hate excess iron, or
b) has a good friend that is a scrapper and he is helping him out.

Either way, we no longer have a 7x7 30 foot folding toolbar. granted we had bought it in the heat of harvest and forgot about it until this winter, but we called, the guy was cool and said it was still here, and we asked if we could get it this spring. No problem. Call up this spring to go get it, and it had been scrapped. The farmer asked the big-iron rep what to do, and he said "its been too long, just get rid of it" The rep "claimed" he told the front office to contact us to tell us to come get it, but for some reason that never happened.
If we had received a phone call from anyone saying "come get your f#@&ing toolbar, its in my way, and I am sick of looking at it" we would be up there the next morning if we had to, but we would have really appreciated a phone call before it got chopped up.

Oh well, the fun of online auctions i guess.
Don ald
Posted 6/10/2015 21:32 (#4619484 - in reply to #4615550)

ILLINOIS
I bought a tandem truck, had 28,000 more miles than listed.
garybergfeld
Posted 6/10/2015 23:14 (#4619711 - in reply to #4612906)

I bought a couple things on there..a 8900 dollar tractor and a 5500 dollar manure spreader. they turned out well but I talked to the previos owners who had them.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)