AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 3420 Telehandler Hydraulic Issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dieselfume1
Posted 6/6/2015 22:46 (#4612589)
Subject: JD 3420 Telehandler Hydraulic Issues

SE MT
I know there are many smart minds here that may have some good information for me to start troubleshooting this machine. Hydraulics has never been my stronger suit.

I bought this 2004 JD 3420 telehandler to help take the place of the one we already have that is a 2006 model with 8,000 hours on it. this new one has about 2400 on the clock, which is why I bought it.

When it finally arrived here after being trucked about 1800 miles, it worked fine, but when the boom was raised more than 1/3 up, and then brought down, it has a violent chatter or shuttering. if you feather it down slow it works ok. if you're under 8 feet off the ground it works fine. While going up I also detect a slight surge in the hyd flow. also notice a bit of a shuttering on the bucket dump function. This is an electronic joystick controlled system, which I would be quick to blame for my problems, but I can see that the joystick has been replaced recently, (the old one is sitting behind the seat on the floor) and maybe most baffling, is that when I engage the ride control switch, these problems go away almost entirely. Problem is, that switch has to be re-engaged every time you get in the cab, or get out of the operators seat. plus, there's times when ride control isn't useful.

I've had the hyd oil tested before I bought it, nothing really stood out to the people at the lab.

I'm really not sure where to start. I think my first purchase should be a $400 tech manual from deere. But from there, I'm wondering if I've got some sort of flow control problem with the pump? maybe the accumulator of the ride control is just covering it up when engaged?

Why is it only really giving me a problem when going down with the boom? or only when dumping the bucket? The AUX (grapple) function works fine open or close.

I've tried this without any attachments, with attachments, and with attachments and a load in the bucket. nothing changes.

Any ideas guys? thanks.

DF
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)