AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help Me Decipher Land Tax Appraisal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

NoAguaFarms
Posted 5/22/2015 13:30 (#4585321)
Subject: Help Me Decipher Land Tax Appraisal

Texas Panhandle
Bought our first piece of dirt earlier this year and now getting county tax appraisals in the mail (counties, because it lies in 2 counties). In the one county, the values didn't change much. In the other (county "B" for this exercise), the land is divided into 2 parcels. It is contiguous, but lies in 2 seperate section blocks so it is seperate in county rolls. The land in county B, despite being in 2 blocks, is similar, one is 135 acres, the other 88, neither has improvements other than irrigation wells. the 88 has 4, the 135 has 2.

The "Market value" of the 88 acre block was up slightly, and the "Ag Productivity" value was down slightly. The head scratcher comes in here...the 135 acre block right next to it: had the "Market value" increased over 400%, from 43k to 179k, and the "Ag Productivity" value nearly tripled as well. I just can't find the rhyme or reason for it. Ground that I farm literally in the same block, nothing to differentiate the two blocks...nada... Any advice appreciated on how they come up with this stuff....

EDIT to say: there were no exemptions other than Ag Use claimed by the previous owners

Edited by NoAguaFarms 5/22/2015 13:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)