AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop looks like crap.. are we slipping below 160 bu yields?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 5/20/2015 15:01 (#4581946 - in reply to #4581884)
Subject: RE: Crop looks like crap.. are we slipping below 160 bu yields?

Buxton ND
"Basically when the Trade realizes that this year's crop isn't going to be UBBER WONDERFUL at 166.8+ yields.. will the door be big enough for all the shorts to get out?"

Jon, this could have been said last year also**********
There are those out there that thought USDA would have raised the yield on the last report over that 166.8 because of the fast planting pace.
Last year Good to excellent ratings were 62%
This year 74% G-E, early planted, rains and good ratings I sure don't see any race to get to the exit door.

We had seen our first weather rally (freeze) and it did not do JACK, IMO we got a little look see at what traders will do with small weather troubles. Whether the crop is over or under 166.8 in the end right now the trade does not care.

When we look at the big picture in corn, we are still very well intrenched in a long term bear market. We have not even gotta into a side way pattern yet, yeah that maybe sounds doom and gloom but that's a fact Jack. MA's whether daily/weekly or monthly are still moving lower,,, that's the facts.

Saying that IMO corn IS NOT as bearish as it was 2 week ago. Not that I'm bullish, just not as bearish.

I do like Redoaks comment from below tho,
"Stay the course and don't panic and plan on being the last man standing..........."
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)