AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hearing aids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Ernie
Posted 4/18/2015 12:19 (#4522911 - in reply to #4518132)
Subject: RE: hearing aids

North End I-15
"natural hearing "
Its been so long since natural hearing that it is tough to know what sounds right .
On my 3 rd set .
First were in the ear Starkeys . 1200 $ for a pair . Good at the time 20 years ago .
Second set Phonak behind the ear . Good aids with remote controller .
Lost them some how , I know the dog was fond of chewing them up but never both at the same time. They had the spealer in the aids and a tube to silicone plugs in the ears . $3800
Now Seimens . Remote control , behind the ear , speaker in the ear .Bluetooth phone in to the ear .Television transmitter to the ears . Jury's is still out on these . Cost 5500$ a 700$ discount .
These have ear moulds that the speakers are in. Better sound quality , lots of programing for noise , music , large room , all Supposedly automatic . Need more tuning and adjustments .
when the fellow says , "How does that sound " I say , "How would I know how its supposed to sound?"
I play a guitar so it has a music program . Other wise the notes sound sharp or flat due to frequency shifts needed to correct the speech pattern sounds .
Been a month and still not happy with the automatic mode . I likes the old manual shift remote where one could control the volume in each ear separate , choose the program of sound adjustments.
Have had bad hearing all my life so it is difficult to know what is "normal"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)