AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gehl choppers questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 4/1/2015 06:24 (#4489704 - in reply to #4489482)
Subject: RE: Gehl choppers questions

western iowa,by Denison
For your good yielding corn Joe-I would go with a 2 row-the 2 row heads feed better
we always seem to have better luck feeding in -probably the best 3 row we ran was the Hesston-as it had chains instead of belts-ran a couple gehls and they worked ok- a better chopper then a 830ih-
really simple chopper -Hesston
easy to fix parts availiable john deere
new Holland next
gehl after new Holland
fox-ok,need war chest of parts in grove
You want capacity-grunt chopper-show off tonnage-300+ horsepower-7mph speed-4 row head-get a dion chopper
blow the endgate off the wagon-but you better bring some fuel and another hauler
Maybe a 4720 john deere chopper-out run the dion-4 row capable-same parts as 5830 john deere self propelled

The problem is in corn silage-your missing the kp= roller mill-was not a believer in the mill till I had one-after runnin one the last 7 years-my quality of silage is a lot better and it packs better
The guy that runs with a kp needs more dollars a acre because it has more wear and takes some tonnage away-about a loss of 30% capacity in corn silage

Any of the gehls you listed are ok-the 85 seris gehl had some updates-the 1285 is bigger-more capable with three row head-
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)