AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

401K Rolls
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John SD
Posted 3/31/2015 19:05 (#4488903 - in reply to #4477512)
Subject: RE: 401K Rolls

School Of Hard Knock - 3/25/2015 20:50

I think he is a hack also.....

I listen to both Ramsey and Howard at times, and don't agree with either one 100% of the time. I still think they are worth listening to and weighing their advice and seeing if or how it could apply to your particular situation.

Ramsey and Howard are both geared toward the 9-5 wage earning crowd, not family farmers/ranchers. Dave especially is so adamant against borrowed money, yet most farmers/ranchers would never have gotten their operations off the ground without it. Contrary to what Dave says, debt IS a tool, but like any other tool debt must be used properly and in the right situation to be beneficial.

I do believe land still is a good investment for the long term as stocks/mutual funds are. But be prepared for volatility. If you own land and are no longer able to operate it yourself, but have someone you trust that is capable to rent to or crop share with, go for it. Land pays a return to a retiree if you grow a crop or rent it out or take in livestock for pasture. There are costs too of course, the biggie is the RE taxes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)