AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

any tips for cleaning out sprayer??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 3/5/2015 11:12 (#4433031 - in reply to #4432720)
Subject: RE: any tips for cleaning out sprayer??

Middlesex County, Ontario
I spray until empty, rinse tank, spray out rinsate on crop at same GPA, then quick rinse and spray out onto crop again. For me that's enough to park it for the day. I have an onboard rinse tank and spinner bodies in the main tank so it's not a big deal.

If going into a different crop I will rinse several more times and pull the filters. But that takes several hundred gallons of water and I am too lazy to spray it onto a crop at 15 GPA. So if there is a nearby stubble field available I would pull onto that, drive a couple miles an hour, and just crank the pressure to the max the tips are rated for. It's extra wear on the nozzles but I'm not comfortable dumping rinsate in one spot. Sometimes I will swing a boom tip over a manure pile and dump a couple hundred gallons of rinsate on it; it's going to heat in the pole for awhile and then be spread out. The solution to pollution is dilution.

Household ammonia and dish soap help clean. There are commercial cleaners available from your co-op. 28% does an ok job cleaning. Glyphosate is also a great cleaner.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)