AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Post Broadcast of Sulfur on Soybeans!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

easymoney
Posted 3/5/2015 07:19 (#4432333 - in reply to #4430497)
Subject: RE: Post Broadcast of Sulfur on Soybeans!

ecmn
WeedMan - 3/4/2015 12:12

I have a customer that has been broadcasting 80lbs of 21-0-0-24 (20lbs actual Sulfur), Ammonium Sulfate, on top of his beans for years with good yield results over not applying anything. Cost this year is about $18/19 acre, for a 5-8 bu possible yield advantage. His ground is light, CEC of 5-6, OM at about 1.2-1.5.

Anyone else do anything over the top, to boost bean yields on your ground, that is cost effective?

I did 75# of ams and urea in a 50/50 mix at pod fill and saw 8 bushels. last year I tried it again but we just didn't have enough heat or sun to utilize it.

on spots that had 150# was equal to check, 250# was less yield then check and the beans started turning a couple weeks ahead of the check.

I am going to keep trying some plots to see if we can start to see a pattern. I have a dry bander so this year I am going to try to band some P K and some treated N in beans to see what happens.

for beans I wouldn't put anything down early, in our soils it pays to put it on when the plant needs it and that is at pod fill.

for corn I stopped putting any S or N down ahead of the planter. put it down today and get a week of rain and cold saturating the soil, it could be a month before the plant is looking for that product and by then its long gone. or it gets late and you end up putting beans in that field.

Edited by easymoney 3/5/2015 07:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)