AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'll never understand taxes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 3/4/2015 06:05 (#4429625 - in reply to #4425691)
Subject: RE: I'll never understand taxes

I consider myself a conservative in just about every sense of the word and I just don't get why conservatives are upset about the border.

A guy is abandoning everything he knows to come from a different country to ours. I have to assume he is ambitious.

A guy is risking death to come here because some of the smugglers are unscrupulous, some of the paths are not easy, so on, so I have to assume he is courageous.

The guy has a goal of working his tail end off on some farm somewhere doing manual labor for peanuts. So I have to assume he has a work ethic.

So we have an ambitious courageous hard working young man working in our country who shouldn't be here because:

1. He isn't a citizen

That's the only reason. Well I guess I don't care one bit. He's probably not going to be in the hospital all that often and if he is, he's probably going to be having a visit with a police officer. It doesn't exactly seem like he's got a real easy life to me.

Sounds to me like the guy deserves the good stuff we have here more than a lot of us who were born into it. I'd be happy to see all the ambitious hard working courageous men we can get in this country.

My guess is we might see it a little differently if we were in their shoes too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)