AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'll never understand taxes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 3/3/2015 08:24 (#4427364 - in reply to #4427062)
Subject: RE: I'll never understand taxes

NC Iowa
idalivered - 3/3/2015 06:01

I'm having a difficult time understanding how an illegal immigrant could cheat by NOT paying taxes???
Isn't the withholding of tax and SS tied to a social security no. supplied with a w-4?? Wouldn't the employer need this if he was going to correctly withhold from the worker's paycheck.? If they are an illegal immigrant , they would not have a social security no. and would not want to file, check refunds, or even have anything deducted (for fear of getting caught) . Wouldn't it be the employer that is cheating both the immigrant worker and the US taxpayers?? Maybe the employer withholds from the paycheck and never sends in the amount?? I sincerely hope someone explains this whole scenario.

the way i heard it, even if they had a fradulent ss number, they could still apply for the credit using that same illegal ss number. i am not sure if they can claim dependents living in another country or not as it would hard to prevent fraud in mexico. at this point it wouldn't surprise me.

the fake ss number allows them to work, pretending to be legal for the employer. there is probably very little withheld so they just don't worrry about any refunds that.

if they work for cash, they can almost completly live off the safty net and still have the cash.

in a county based on the rule of law, i cannot understand this policy either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)