AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Please explain this
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 3/1/2015 22:52 (#4424339 - in reply to #4424197)
Subject: RE: Please explain this

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Stormwatcher - 3/2/2015 20:36

150pilot - 3/1/2015 18:53

I saw a little old lady at the gas pumps pay for her gas, get in and do a smoking burnout across the lot, then across the street and piled up three cars parked in a row. The station owner ran across and turned off the key as the wheels were still spinning and smoking but couldn't push the cars any farther. She was not hurt but told the officer she was sure her foot was on the brake and not the gas. Pretty sure she never drove again after that one. I think she might have been one of those two foot drivers. My Mom used to drive with two feet and it drove me nuts. Mom didn't die from it, a blood clot got her at 84, but there were times I wasn't sure about her longevity, so I preferred to drive.

I saw almost the same thing....A teenage girl burnt out of a Sonic and hit two cars going down the street..She about smoked the tires off trying to push them both out of the way.....I will confess that I have driven for nearly 50 years using both feet...That all started when drag racing with an automatic tranny car.

Me too, I learned to use both feet while dirt track stock car racing. Your reaction time is much faster to get off throttle and on the brake using both feet. Also really helps when setting the car into a turn to use both gas and brake at the same time, much smoother transition from throttle to brake or brake to throttle.. I often use it on the street when menuvering in tight spaces where a little throttle to move and brakes to stop quickly come up at the same time. Never had a problem understanding which foot is doing what in 50 years of doing it that way, nor any problem switching from manual to automatic. If everything is cool and relaxed, I mostly drive (brake and throttle) with the right foot, but let something look like things could get tight real quick, and my left foot automatically goes to the brake pedal.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)