AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ok... Proper semi clutch adjustment procedure!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 2/13/2015 23:05 (#4384378 - in reply to #4384091)
Subject: RE: Ok... Proper semi clutch adjustment procedure!

East Central Ia
This did not happen suddenly. I have just dealt with the lack of clutch brake for quite a while. I just have to wait a bit before putting it into gear and lightly hold it as I feel the transmission bumping till it drops in gear. I could do this with a slight rub but no grinding so as long as I was patience it wasn't a big deal. Just getting around to fixing it right.

The clutch break does not spin on the input shaft. It's a two piece style with the press together locking pin. I removed it and it looks brand new. So it hasn't worked at all since it was installed as far as I can tell. The brake would never engage as the peddle ran out of travel before pinching it tight. I assume this if from excessive linkage wear?

There was a lot of slop in the linkages. There are two pivot points on bushings inside of a bearing. One bearing was a little sloppy, while the other was very sloppy with a lot of wear on the bushing as well. This coupled with wear in all six end links made it almost impossible to adjust.

That and only one clutch rod is turnbuckle threaded for adjustment... The one I couldn't get broke free... And the hardest to reach! I learned this by looking at the new parts.

When you say clutch ring adjusts free travel do you mean the internal clutch adjustment done by pressing in the spring loaded bolt while someone holds the clutch peddle down? This is the adjustment my clutches install sheet said to do to move the bearing in or out to achieve the 1/2" spacing to the brake.

Or is there another adjustment inside the clutch housing?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)