AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

section control setup for a floater
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/29/2015 14:37 (#4347516 - in reply to #4347089)
Subject: RE: section control setup for a floater

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
WIU1092 - 1/29/2015 10:16

the raven in it is actually a 460 without the nine pin. do i need to find a raven controller that has that?

autosteer is the motor on the steering wheel

No,the 9 pin is for serial communication with another device in a different way.

One hangup you may have with replacing the 460 with EZ-Boom is that your rig must have separate boom switches in the joystick or dash right now. With EZ-Boom, it is necessary that it be in charge of the boom situation and the boom switches on it must be used and the other original switches can not be used. Sometimes this makes the wiring switch over a bit more complex.

An old trick is to get a Raven 440 or 450 that does have boom switches in it and temporarily put it in place of the 460. If the switches on the 440 or 450 can control the boom sections then using EZ-Boom in place of the 460 is fairly easy. EZ-Boom will then be able to control the section valves for autoswath. The original switches should be disabled or tied in the OFF position.

If the 440 or 450 cannot control the boom sections then EZ-Boom won't be able to either. It can still be done but requires some creative rewiring.

Edited by tedbear 1/29/2015 14:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)