AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which route to take, Alburquerque-Mesa?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

The_Owl
Posted 1/26/2015 08:51 (#4338865 - in reply to #4338173)
Subject: RE: Which route to take, Alburquerque-Mesa?

Watford City, ND
I've done the drive about 15 times or so, and the fastest (and easiest) route is through Globe, AZ, then down through Superior AZ, and right into Mesa. It's probably 45-60 mins faster.

The Payson route is lots of mountain travel, wheresas the Show Low to Globe route is really only one pass, and that's through the Salt River canyon.

I realize this goes against what everyone else said, but like I said, I've done the drive well over a dozen times - twice through Payson, and then after finding the Globe - Show Low route, it's a no-brainer for me.

You need to watch the road reports for snow.

For me anymore, I never go through Holbrook - i would get through Gallup (fuel up), then turn off the interstate at Sanders and head south (on AZ 191) to Saint Johns. Very nice highway, it's head to head, but very little traffic. From Saint Johns head west to Concho, and right into Show Low.

From Show Low, you're on the 60 (the same 60 that runs into Mesa!). Just follow the 60 down to Globe, Miami, Superior, and right into Mesa.

It's a very scenic route, no less than Payson. Yes, Payson is nice, but like I said, this route is (in real life) considerably faster than Payson - Fountain Hills - Mesa.

One thing to keep in mind, when I said it's an hour faster, I was coming from Queen Creek AZ.

The Payson route brings you into N/NW Mesa, whereas the Globe route brings you into Mesa from the east. Some of this depends on where in Mess you're heading.

Edited by The_Owl 1/26/2015 08:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)