AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HOW FAR WOULD YOU DRIVE TRACTOR?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

greenfarmer
Posted 12/21/2014 06:45 (#4254333 - in reply to #4252570)
Subject: RE: HOW FAR WOULD YOU DRIVE TRACTOR?

Central Minnesota
Freshman year of high school, dad and I went to an auction. I ended up driving an old 900 versatile home. 95 miles. No radio! Dad just drove ahead in the pick up, stopped along side of the road, and waited til I caught up or passed him. Then he took off again.

A few years prior to that, mom and dad went to an auction. Bought an 8820. Drove home that day... Went back early the next morning. And they drove that home 165 miles. Mom and dad each took turns driving it home.

Nephew of mine drove another 8820 we bought once home. That was around 100 miles. But if I remember correctly, it turned out to be more miles. Late at night, he got kind of messed up in one of those roundabouts... And went the wrong way. So he was detoured a bit.

Couple years back, Nephew drove our 9870 home, that was around 100 miles again.

When I bought my patriot sprayer, the neighbor and I went to look at it. And he drove it home for me. That was another 100 mile trip. But when I traded sprayers and got the 4830, that one was hauled.

I traded planters years ago. Had a 16rn white. 6180... Traded for a 1770... Dealer knocked off quite a chunk if we did the transporting. The whites have a pretty wide base for transporting. You need a carrier to put under it to haul it on the trailer. Was going to use one from a local dealer, but for all the hassle, we figured we would just drive it there. So nephew left early in the morning with the 8430 four wheeler, and planter, drove that 80 miles away to the dealer, dropped it off, and drove the tractor home. I went with the semi and step deck and picked up the 1770 planter, at the dealers other location.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)