AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HOW FAR WOULD YOU DRIVE TRACTOR?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

1156versatile
Posted 12/20/2014 21:44 (#4254002 - in reply to #4252570)
Subject: RE: HOW FAR WOULD YOU DRIVE TRACTOR?

Strathcona, mn
I drove a 9882 nh 4wd about 1300 miles home from Oklahoma. Some called me crazy but I bought a planter that was proving to be troublesome to haul so I bought a tractor close to the planter and drove them home. The tractor was 15k cheaper than I could buy it for at home and the planter was the only one like that I could find and about 30k less than it would have been had I found one locally. Take that and the 16k that I got quoted to haul them and it proved to be a neat trip that saved an large amount of money. It took some time but we got home in 8 days. It ended up being a trip that I'll remeber for a life time, we met some very friendly people along the way and got to see some sights through the central us you don't see from the freeway. I drove it home around Easter time when I wouldn't have been doing much around home. I've also driven a combine home from the wheat run 350 miles. It ended up being faster and easier to drive it than shutting down a harvest crew to move a machine. Everyone talks about tire wear but I haven't seen it. From the trips I've taken. I've roaded 4wds over at least 2000 miles of roads. I usually take off the front drive shaft and go with no noticeable tire damage.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)