AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

seed sales regions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

flyin45
Posted 12/18/2014 00:39 (#4247975 - in reply to #4247950)
Subject: RE: I am ignorant, please explain

WC Illinois
Regional companies do have zones I didn't say they don't. What I'm saying is there trait based not genetic based zones. If I buy seed from wyffells in Missouri or I buy it in illinois they don't care it's a sale and they make the same. Monsanto will make less on the trait yes but the regional company will make the same. Dekalb, pioneer etc that sell traits and seed will not allow there dealers to do that because it cuts into there profit margin where as a regional company is unaffected by how much they are told to stick people in any certain zone for the traits because it's a flat fee per zone. Are they suppose to sell outside there zone no but if your in the highest price zone and can save 70-80 dollars a bag buying it in a lower price zone lets see Monsanto lash back at the customer and put egg on there face because there not the only seed company. Same can be said for DuPont in the same situation. Right or wrong selling seed is a cut throat business anymore and competitiveness is always good for the customer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)