AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Capstan pinpoint users! Help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

smillhorn
Posted 12/21/2014 10:02 (#4254717 - in reply to #4243385)
Subject: RE: Capstan pinpoint users! Help

Worley , ID
Break this problem into pieces. Is it a rate control or pressure control problem? Sounds like both. Try different valve cals to slow down the viper. Think training wheels. Go back to default pressure control numbers in the capview. Start tweaking one at a time. Training wheels.

With the viper rate change slowed down to mellow the pump out and default tuning numbers in the capview the single most important number is the FF max speed. That would vary for each job that you have different pressure,gpa settings. This is the ground speed that the valves achieve 100% dc. So if you drop the target pressure the ffmaxspeed will drop. And so on.

What I am saying is you can chase your tail for along time if you are twisting all the knobs and pressing all the buttons. This system can be a beast. Make a pass, change one thing while turning the corner. Repeat process. Don't be afraid to realize you went in completely the wrong direction and the system is unstable...go back to default.

Other than ffmaxspeed and gains for liquid fertilizer I have t touched my tunes in 30kacres. Is my system perfect...nope. 95% in 95% of my conditions, yep.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)