AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Capstan pinpoint users! Help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nebfarmer
Posted 12/16/2014 06:14 (#4243385 - in reply to #4242022)
Subject: RE: Capstan pinpoint users! Help

SE Nebraska, Near Misery and Cans Ass!
Pwm valve, viper pro, 13 in valve cal 1; 1468 in stead of zero in valve cal 2 helps even though not using the second valve . Problem is when the system needs to slow down like after a turn and I am not yet up to speed. applying 6.6 gal now and it will start briefly overapplying and then dropping to 1.5 or less gpa and takeing 300 ft to get back up to GPA or saying low limits exceeded and locking up, requireing me to turn the system to manual to get things going again. Pump will be jacked up to max pwn by then with 70+#s pressure. Once it catches up it will do very well maintaining gpa and pressure through speed changes sections/nozzles turning off and on. Play with the gains and get it working fine. A 100 acres later or the next day I have to readjust. Usually have to take gains in opposite directions. Right now I am on 2.5 system and 11.5 proportional. was running 4.5 and 8.5. sometimes up or down .5 on integral will fix the issue but its only for a short time. Doesn't seem like I can ever just bump one a little always seems to be a major readjust. I had to do it 4 times in 300 acres saturday. A couple of times in the last week, just dropping the 1468 in valve cal 2 fixed the problem. Any help appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)