AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Organ donor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

aces and eights
Posted 11/27/2014 10:23 (#4204752 - in reply to #4203554)
Subject: RE: Organ donor

tx panhandle
I agree with the whole concept of organ donation but there is a drawback. My father died at the first of this month he was an organ and tissue donor.They called me with an questionnaire that had to be answered right then forty five minutes after I learned of his death. I had people calling me left and right and calls that need to be made. The questionnaire was ridiculous and took almost forty minutes. Lots of questions about travel to specific regions of the world. If a person hasn't been to Africa you dont need to ask me about ten different regions. Same with Europe. By the time I was done I felt it was too late to do my calling. Also the funeral home had to trek down the exact location of the body he was missing for several days. If you want to have a quick turnaround for the funeral this can be an issue, ours was five days and not a problem but if we had wanted the normal three days it would have been a problem that we would have had to skip the viewing. I know this is a good thing but the timing of the questionnaire and the lack of communication with others is a problem.

Edited by aces and eights 11/27/2014 10:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)