AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Precision Preplant NH3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 11/26/2014 19:05 (#4203458 - in reply to #4203090)
Subject: RE: Precision Preplant NH3

Morris, IL
We are setup to pre plant NH3 on 30', field cultivator on 30', and plant on 30'. The NH3 is 13 knife and outside is half rate so works placing pre plant NH3 15" off the row. Field cultivator follows in same path and planter follows as well for controlled traffic, we run duals but I still feel it still would cut the compacted area by 50% which could really help. The NH3/Planter tractor has RTX and field cultivator could be hand steered easily (following NH3). Great plan and could be down tomorrow if we wanted to but ended up were are 100% strip till so don't need to. Actually only did one field that way and it worked good. Like strip till better and is naturally controlled traffic, side dress the NH3.

I would suggest getting your RTK system setup on four wheeler or UTV to start drawing lines when ever it's warm enough, or frozen hard would be nice with cab. You have no idea how nice it is to pull into field and never steer tractor, i quit dropping markers entirely. You can straighten lines out, maybe move some of them or something. That will also keep all compaction where it should be, between the rows if nothing else.

Edited by NEILFarmer 11/26/2014 19:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)