AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

That wasn't different than I learned
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 11/26/2014 14:06 (#4202915)
Subject: That wasn't different than I learned

East central Iowa

I'm working on the computer this afternoon and had Rush Limbaugh on the radio.  I listen during planting and harvest but today nobody is around and it's too quiet, so it's Rush time.

He told his version of the first Thanksgiving.  He said it's never told that way.  However when I went to school it was told pretty much as he told it.

Not only that but we also were told the story of the first communist* group in America, The Oneida Community, and how it failed.  The two are related in that the colonists found capitalism produced a surplus and the Oneida Community was a failure due to it also trying to let people decide how much effort they were willing to exert without regard to how much the received.

If you want to read a little about them go to this link, see if you notice any other societies that have similar setups.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneida_Community  
Sexual freedom, community raising children, "All Community members were expected to work, each according to his or her abilities."," the community reached a maximum population of about 300, it had a complex bureaucracy of 27 standing committees and 48 administrative sections."

*They are referred to as a communal society but that's what communism is!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)