AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A poll about labor, who does who don't
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

carlsoncl
Posted 11/25/2014 19:27 (#4201222 - in reply to #4201148)
Subject: RE: A poll about labor, who does who don't

Beresford, SD
Hey Red how are things going. I (38) run the cattle and my dad (62) is in charge of the row crop machinery. We share a hired man. Kyle (20) (our hired man) is paid hourly. Kyle's time for the year ends up 80% dedicated to cattle (I pay) and 20% for crops (dad pays) The only activity my father does that is cattle related is that he order buys them for me. I do all the maintenance on the feeding, manure, silage, and hay equipment and my dad does all the maintenance on the planting, spraying and grain harvest equipment. (we each do the maintenance on the equipment we own) We custom farm for a neighbor (54) that has a full time job....he helps on Saturdays and after 3pm when he gets off from work. We also custom harvest and spray for a younger neighbor (32) and he runs the grain cart all fall. Some Saturdays during harvest we will have 5 guys running. We also custom farm for a neighbor that lost her husband (one of dads best friends) a few years back and we all help with that as well. My dad owns all the row crop equipment and all of us work off some of our custom bill. We all work together very well but there are days when someone is pissed at someone......Normally I'm the one that gets worked up, but I'm more high strung than everyone else.

Edited by carlsoncl 11/25/2014 19:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)