AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Fans board problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 11/24/2014 08:16 (#4198021)
Subject: Farm Fans board problem

West Union, Illinois

Has anyone else had trouble with a Farm Fans control board ?  Our old faithful burner with the tubes on the control board would not light. After doing everything I knew to do or had parts for I called a service guy.  He "gutted" (the terminology on the bill) the burner and installed a new board # 056-1670-1 with 3 relays on it. It lasted less a day. He installed a new one that lasted about the same.  It failed and I think he installed a third (I'm a little fuzzy here because by then the days were running together.)  Anyway, it was either the second or third time I lost my patience and called someone else.  They replaced the board with another and it finished the season.  He commented if this didn't fix it he'd try having the fan balanced.

The first time I just pitched the old parts.  This last one I decided to look into it a little more.  It appears the problem is a broken relay socket.  It has a socket like and old vacuum tube.  at least 3 of the legs going into the circuit board are broken.

So, has the first dealer gotten a bad batch of boards? Or is there enough vibration to shake this apart? or any other ideas?

I know, pictures would help. My phone is supposed to automatically upload to the computer but for some reason that isn't happening. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)