AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Walker/chair device for Farm Shows
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/21/2014 07:50 (#4191663 - in reply to #4190467)
Subject: RE: Walker/chair device for Farm Shows

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
After looking over the walker this morning, things are much clearer. I can't believe I didn't "get it" yesterday. I believe this is due to a change in the product.

It appears that the walker has been improved. Mine is not made exactly like the picture on the above link. The special screws that were shipped screwed into the stubs for the wheels are used in that location. These screws were shipped "started" in the legs and can be tightened before the wheel stub is inserted with the pop out buttons. Once the wheel stubs are in place the extra knobs are used to tighten the leg snugly around the wheel stub shaft. The knobs shafts also pass below the special screws and would help keep the wheel assemblies from falling out and not depending on the pop out buttons entirely. Adding the knob fixtures appears to be a good idea as it would add considerable strength to the leg especially for uneven ground.

If one wanted to remove the wheels for more compact storage, the knobs could be released and the buttons pushed to remove the wheel assemblies. Removing the wheels and handlebars would make for a more compact unit for travelling but I doubt if I will do that.

I guess I'll leave my wheels on the outside. I don't know how often I'll use mine but I am afraid my situation may deteriorate. Actually my situation has changed just during this week. My joints were extremely painful earlier this week after I started my winter exercise routine. Yesterday they seemed much better, I'm thinking this is somewhat weather related. Standing in lines at funeral visitations etc. where the line moves slowly and seems to take forever bother me the most.

Edited by tedbear 11/21/2014 08:12

(DSCN1397.JPG)

(DSCN1398.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCN1397.JPG (113KB - 45 downloads)
Attachments DSCN1398.JPG (91KB - 42 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)