AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Walker/chair device for Farm Shows
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/20/2014 15:18 (#4190228)
Subject: Walker/chair device for Farm Shows

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
A while back I asked about a walker/chair that might be handy for Farm Shows etc. I got positive responses about a certain model.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LU5JKK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o...

I ordered one through Amazon and got it today. It appears to be built well.

I notice the directions specifically say and show to mount the back wheels on the outside of the legs. It appears they could go on the inside. I assume they want them on the outside for greater stability. However when I went through a common sized door, the walker had to be at an angle as the stance was too wide. Would there be a problem of mounting the back wheels on the inside of the frame?

I was not able to get the special round head screws with a Phillips head started in the legs. I can see that these should be used to secure the tube around the legs on the wheels. I didn't have the best screwdriver in the house but it doesn't feel as if I am getting the screws to start. I was thinking about using a vise-grip to squeeze the tube a bit to get them started. Any advice on that matter?

I also notice that they supplied 6 knobs with the kit. I can only see a place for two of them. Maybe the others are spares assuming that they may get lost in travel.

Any other tips or advice would be appreciated. I noticed now that I apparently I could have gotten free shipping had I gone through the proper steps. Oh Well.

Edited by tedbear 11/20/2014 15:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)