AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bill Cosby
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 11/20/2014 13:02 (#4190052 - in reply to #4189217)
Subject: RE: Bill Cosby

southern MN
I think Hollywood and pro sports is driven by ego. And politics.

And is rewarded with seemingly unlimited funds and influence - aka power.

People in those circles are driven by differently than I am.

They are either starting out on their way up and ego and motivation cause many to do anything to get to the top.

Or they are on top and want to reward their ego by finally getting there and use their power, often not even seeing they are doing so by walking on others.

Or they are on the backside slipping down the hill of fame and will do anything to get back up again.

So, if we have a mix of young starlets and popular powerful people and older folk wishing for one more shot of fame, then anyone can be saying anything about anything for their own motivations. Truth is not even a consideration.

Throw in the past decade of 'reality' shows where some of these rising and falling stars exist for their shot of fame, and the morality such a 'reality' show must instill in them..... (Just do it for the ratings, the ratings are what count, just be out there crazy......)

And I don't believe a one of them.

I'm sure there are good people there. But they get eaten up by those climbing over them. It is a different environment than I am in.

I have no idea what is going on with this case.

I would suppose it is possible Bill slept around some, with the fame and ego and sense of being on top of the hill and the glamor environment in Hollywood. I would suppose its possible he over did things some and got a little more demanding that was proper. Struggled his way up the ego ladder, time to reap the rewards, do as I had been done onto.

I would suppose some gals, starting out at the bottom, with the same ego and goals, threw themselves at a man of power and fame. Not for the man, but for the promise of fame. Or were easily talked Into that avenue because of their ego and goals, not 'forced' into situations as they might recall many years later.

And I can suppose 10 or 15 years later, some involved either regret their actions looking back and need a way to live with their actions, or are spiteful that their actions didnt reward their ego as they hoped, or they are on the backside of the hill and want any oppertunity to be back in front of a camera and will say anything to get that feeling of fame and power and be in front of a camera.

So - everyone innocent until proven guilty.

I will suppose Bill isn't pure here, nor are the gals that are speaking up now. I will suppose the truth is much more all of those involved wanted their ride on the ego and fame train and stuff happened that doesn't look so good now, but had a lot more desire by both sides at the time.

I will not look at Hollywood and pro sports any better or any worse than I used to with all this. They are in a different rat race than I am, and they trade themselves in for fame and power along the way. A big fuss and a scandal and headlines easily rewards the ego they have. I'm not going to trust either side on what they say 15 years later.......

Bill did a lot of nice stuff with his cartoon show back in the day, misfits and ghetto could work things out and were real people, back when that message wasn't out there.

His sit com entertained and set aside race and focused on family and calmness.

A lot of his talk of values and race and youth issues the last 5 years seems to make some sense to me.

Guess that is what I think of when I think of Bill.

A sex/ power scandal with Bill? Well, isn't that just any other day in Hollywood, yawn, happens every day in that environment? Might even happen just the same a few years ago with a different Bill, he of politics.........

Wow, did anyone read this far, sorry! To dang cold here, I can't wait for the warm up tomorrow and get outside....

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)