AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for tractor advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 10/29/2014 22:57 (#4151457 - in reply to #4151387)
Subject: RE: Looking for tractor advice

Wi
If your doing more hay work than tillage work I would just get a decent size MFWD. You don't need that much weight rolling across a hay field not to me Rion the MFWD is probably nicer to get in and out of all day. That said I'm not an articulated expert, many on here do everything with them.

Depending on budget, an older magnum (especially 72 or 89), 8000/8010 Deere, or a Genesis NH are all tough simple reliable tractors. The problem with the magnum and deeres is that everybody else wants them too so the prices have gotten very high. If you have a versatile dealer you could look for one of their older MFWDs that were still the same as the Genesis. These had the 18spd and would really move which could be nice if you drive far with your baler. Keep in mind you still need a versatile dealer to service a lot of the computers. If your budget is close to 100k it looks like you could pick up a DTa Agco, MT600B challenger or 8400 MF in decent shape. Most around that price are well under 5k hrs. I think you would really like the CVT and the CVT along with Sisu motor will save you a pile of fuel. If you find an 8900 series magnum or 8010 Deere with that low of hours they want a pile of money for them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)