AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some people should be
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 10/26/2014 06:04 (#4145214 - in reply to #4144232)
Subject: RE: It might help...................

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Some of the problem is caused by landfills charging a tipping fee to dump a pickup load. At least out west here it is we pay on taxes for land fill to have garbage picked up weekly for a little can. Then if you have a pickup load they nail you again, plus you have to drive 30+ miles to landfill. It is a joke to charge for a pickup load if you already pay on your taxes for the service. That is why trash ends up private property or better yet public lands. Our cost of garbage pickup is the highest in the state of Idaho, and our county hauls less garbage than they did 20 years ago.

You can blame the EPA for a lot of this mess on your private lands and roads. They have cost your counties and cities an ungodly amount of money in ridiculous landfill ordnances , closures, well testing of landfills that DO NOT LEACH, etc. Just to create jobs for a few saps the get a public servant job and think they are god because they have a rule book and a title.

It just makes my blood boil when I think of the asinine costs our EPA has cost the taxpayers. Just like the used tire deal, you pay a disposal fee when you buy new tires, ok I'm fine with that. But then the state pays the a company to dispose of them, lot of them just get hauled off and stacked on private land that the company rented, without the landlord knowing what was going on. Then the state has to pay to clean the tires up a second and third time. I also don't know how much Federal money gets thrown at it as well.

I guess my total point is as a taxpayer, pay just a little more per year and let only your county residents to dump there less a tipping charge. That way they might not be so inclined to just throw it along the roads. Hell buy them a cold soft drink at the landfill if they bring the garbage to fill instead of dumping along the road it would be far cheaper in the long run for the taxpayers.

About twenty years ago, we had central county dumpsters in my county in Idaho, well we only live 5 miles from the Utah border. I noticed at X-mas time our dumpster on our road was filling right up. So I dug into the mail in the dumpster and found that the local sheriff deputy across the line was bringing his waste into Idaho to dump. I packaged up his mail and mailed it back to him with a note to stop it or I would turn him into county. Never had him dump again.

My biggest rant is the piss bottles from truckers throwed on the roads and freeway exits, and little piles of grain, fertilizer from hopper bottom trailers! What pigs these truck drivers are! As well as bull wagon drivers opening traps at exits, on ramps. I let all bull wagons clean out on our ground after unloading to help stop some of them from dumping on the road.

If counties and cities would put dumpsters at freeway exits, etc. I'm betting some of this crap would make it into dumpsters, I would rather pay to haul it that way than pay to have to clean it up from the roads. You have to make it a drive by unload for them so they don't just throw it out the windows.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)