AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quantum overdrying issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farm1
Posted 10/23/2014 06:36 (#4140971)
Subject: Quantum overdrying issues

Have a used Superb 625 dryer on Quantum for first time this year. Dealer helped calibrate it two days ago. Calibration took longer than dealer said as it seemed to put out awfully dry grain, but none the less we got it calibrated. After it ran for a while I shut it off due to rain. Restarted a few hours later and for several hours put out 10% 120-130 degree corn. Target was 15.5% in heat/cool mode. Recalibrated once and still put out about 11% corn. When I recalibrate the quantum moisture consistently matches the tester moisture, so I never adjust much in the calibrations. The moisture calibrations always seem correct, just way too low. It is simply putting out too dry/hot of grain and it accurately tells me that.

Every time we recalibrate moisture the screen locks up so have to shut quantum and dryer off and turn back on. Dealer says he doesn't know why and has an email into the company. Thought we were getting a new quantum but it appeared used. Asked dealer they said is a demo unit and they would shave a little off the price. Called the company with the serial number they said can't be sure of age but guessing 3-5 years old.

Thinking the quantum has issues and the dealer is trying to sell me someone elses problem but I am new at this??? Ideas??

Edited by farm1 10/23/2014 06:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)