AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agco Parts Disappointing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Lookingglass
Posted 10/22/2014 08:13 (#4139551 - in reply to #4139153)
Subject: RE: Agco Parts Disappointing

Southwest Illinois
We went through that years ago. Had a lot of AGCO stuff on the farm. I will say combine parts were never a huge issue and you could almost always find the part somewhere or get it shipped. Tractor parts were another story. We had a 10 year old AGCO tractor that our dealer was doing some work on in March of that year. They had discovered one of the drive shaft components has some splines on a shaft that had a minor amount of damage. Shaft was backordered. Finally in July shafts were made however AGCO didn't ship any because the contractor did not make them to spec. Which I kind of understand but we are now pushing 6 months with the tractor in pieces. Finally in September I had them put it back together so we could use it that fall. In October dealer called and said parts were in and they would install after harvest. Asked about price. Since we got to wait 8 months and their contractor screwed up the first batch AGCO thought that was worth another 20% increase in the cost of the part. Needless to say it took us 5 years to shed all the Sunflower tillage, the White planter, the Gleaner combine and the orange tractors. While JD and CaseIH have their issues they sure seem to care a lot more about getting things right. I will add that your local dealer has the ability to make things go smoother however finding a good AGCO dealer is a pretty tall order, especially in the Illinois.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)