AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hip replacement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Kickapoogian
Posted 10/21/2014 06:52 (#4137770 - in reply to #4137221)
Subject: RE: Hip replacement

Soldiers Grove Wi. 54655
When I had mine done at the age of 49 (5 years ago Nov 9th) I had to go to a class with a person that was going to have to help me out for the first week or so.. They went into detail the do's and don'ts after surgery.. Make sure you get the exercises down and don't make the mistake of over doing it for as long as you can..(bending & lifting) One thing that is and always will be a no-no will be bending to the direct side of the hip you had the replacement on. Later on the "don'ts" will come naturally but there is always a chance of "popping" that new hip ball right out of the socket if not careful.. I had a terrible ordeal as they were overdosing me on meds that made me hallucinate while in the hospital(after I told them it would happen).. I don't remember anything except for 2 things for a week after they first knocked me out.. They wanted me to have the other one done shortly after I was healed up but the other one didn't hurt even though there is no cartilage left in the hip so I'm not doing it until I can't hardly walk again.. The one that was done had 2 spurs on it so it had been painful for a couple years..
Good luck~

ps: make sure you get an extension/lift for the toilet so one can sit higher on the pot while doing business in the bat cave..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)