AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another take on a SmartPhone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 10/18/2014 10:08 (#4133238 - in reply to #4132635)
Subject: RE: Another take on a SmartPhone

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
oldbob - 10/17/2014 20:32
I just read on another forum on Ag-Talk about a lot of folks who think us with Smart phones are wasting our time and money on them. This is everyone to their own liking, but in this world if you don't change you get left behind.

Speaking personally I don't see it that way. I wouldn't paint with that broad of a brush. I spend more time on the computer at home than most people spend on their smartphones. I've been in plenty of situations were someone near me having a smartphone was a big help. (maybe my wife with hers for example.....)

I just can't believe how pervasive the technology has become so quickly. In a matter of about 5-6 years we've gone from very few smartphones, to almost market saturation. It is amazing how fast technology is changing.

The main reason I don't want a smart phone is just because the nature of my work where I am out doing physical work in the dirt and on equipment. I would get tired of having to constantly always watch out and not break my phone. Or get it out of the way so I can lift something. That was a problem back when the early handheld cell phones came out. They were bulky and in the way all the time. So leave it in your vehicle and it gets left behind, which defeats the purpose I intended it for.

When my little flip phone dies, I will likely have to go to a touch screen smart phone. But I won't be getting a data plan.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)