AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another take on a SmartPhone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 10/17/2014 21:14 (#4132575)
Subject: Another take on a SmartPhone

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

I always thought there was no possible way I'd ever have a SmartPhone, mostly because I'm not smart enough, but sure enough, wound up with one about a year ago. Like it for the navigation features, the GasBuddy app and some other things. It helped us out a bunch on a business situation that kind of gelled while we were on the road and we were able to tie up the loose ends over email without missing any of the trip,

But on a more important note, had my mom at the ER yesterday and the ER doctor inquired about her medications. Being a very organized and together woman, she had her meds list in her purse, but the Dr wasn't familiar with the newest addition to her list. So........he pops out his SmartPhone and plugs in the new drug name and instantly has the info he needs to make a call on Mom's medical needs. As quickly as things change in the medical world, I doubt that there's any way an average ER doc can stay on top of all the new releases and the assorted effects of each. I was really glad that he had that capability in that situation. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)