AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle water going in (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 9/24/2014 12:46 (#4091406 - in reply to #4090111)
Subject: RE: Cattle water going in (pics)

Driftless SW Wisconsin

LBF Farms - 9/23/2014 20:17 We have 4 two hole Jug waterers. When we installed them I was advised to put a secondary pad on top of the main pad. About 18 inches wider and longer and about two inches high. Theory is that cattle wont back up to poop. We have never had to clean manure from water bowl in the five years we've had them. They have never frozen either as far as 25 below, great product.

Having a step up 2 to 4" high and 12" larger all around than the waterer does keep manure out.

The ground rods I am talking about are installed radially out at about a 45 degree downward angle. This is said to address possible stray voltage as the cattle approach an electrified waterer. My electrician told me this is the new standard for waterer installation.  The cost of putting in 4 radial ground rods connected together and to the main electric outlet ground is minimal over time and you get one chance to do it before pouring the pad.

Here are some pics of both the radial ground rods and the step from a waterer installation I did last year.

Jim

(IMG_0899_waterer four radial ground rods 082213.jpg)

(IMG_0912_waterer concrete pad poured today 082613.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0899_waterer four radial ground rods 082213.jpg (166KB - 65 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0912_waterer concrete pad poured today 082613.JPG (91KB - 57 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)