AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which software would be best for me?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Keith
Posted 8/12/2006 12:48 (#35011 - in reply to #30589)
Subject: RE: Which software would be best for me?

Have used or tried JD - Farmworks - SST - EasiSuite software - All have good points and some really bad ones that will drive one up a wall. I ended up with a combination of packages to get done what you are wanting to do - so here is my 2cs worth. Perception Accounting for major farm records - EasiSuite to track farm and field jobs- from planting to harvest it has 99% of those bases covered. To gather real time GPS logging data (like spraying, fertilizing, planting, soil sampling anything you want to know where you did it) I use FarmWorks Sitemate to gather the data - plus you get to see where you are in the field real time- then you can download this to EaisSuite. (I see that farmergps tracks where you are but do not know if you can download files to anyother program) My experance with the JD software has in a word been bad, but on the hardware side for gathering harvest data good - also you can download harvest yield maps to EasiSuite. At that time you can compare yield to variety planted from data gathered with the SiteMate software. Works well - There is a learning curve to doing this but was not that hard. EasiSuite also has a program that goes on a handheld to gather data (not gpsed at this time but I understand that is in the works)
Also Perception has the ability to pull Easisuite records into it - to cut down on entrys. I have been using this combination of packages for 5 years with great success.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)