AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oil Well Investment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Bonpas
Posted 9/16/2014 21:15 (#4078274 - in reply to #4077803)
Subject: RE: If I understand correctly....

SEIL
I live in the southern Illinois basin. No one has ever made the operators, and most certainly not the investors, clean up a da$$ thing here in 50 years. I farm around several abandoned well sights. Some with pump jacks that haven't "nodded" in 20 years. Some with pump rods sticking up (pump jacks gone, everything else left behind), some with just casing sticking out the top of the ground, all with some saltwater killed soil adjacent to the well site. It's very disappointing to see acreage ruined and no effort being made by the ones that profited to rectify the situation. AND I AM A BIG SUPPORTER OF THE OIL BUSINESS and have been financially involved in the drilling and operating of a few wells?

I have tried every approach over the last thirty years including dropping hints, asking nicely, asking sternly, demanding, calling the sheriff, calling the mines and minerals and finally threatening with physical harm. Yes, I once splashed a nearly new FWA sprayer tractor threw a water puddle before I found the point of origin to be salt water intentionally being drained down threw the center of my soys. Grrr! First and only new tractor I have ever bought.

Finally got the well on the ground I own plugged and equipment gone about 5 years ago. Still trying to get the sight back to previous crop production capability on my own.

Not just me at all. Every farmer down here farms around the abandoned trash.

Good question for North Dakota.............but Boss would bear NO RISK whatsoever in southern Illinois.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)